AAA- The Auto Club Group to Collect and Recycle Car Seats at Select Locations September 18th to the 22nd
BURNSVILLE, Mn (September 11, 2017) - In recognition of National Child Passenger Safety week, AAA - The Auto Club Group and its partners are collecting and recycling infant/child car seats September 18th to the 22nd. Members and non-members may drop off damaged, recalled or expired child passenger seats at nine locations across Minnesota. The event will enhance traffic safety by removing used seats from circulation and it will also be environmentally friendly as the components will be recycled.
The rules of the program:
AAA Burnsville, 600 West Travelers Trail, Burnsville
- Only two seats per family, please. The family must drop off the seat(s); large collections from other organizations will not be accepted.
- The cost to AAA is $7.50 per seat which covers the transportation, disassembly and recycling costs. A $5 voluntary contribution is requested, not required. A free food or beverage coupon will be provided for each $5 donation.
- Seats may only be dropped off between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, Sept. 18?22 at the following locations:
AAA Duluth, 2520 Maple Grove Road, Duluth
AAA Mankato, 1930 Adams Street, Mankato
AAA Rochester, 1535 Greenview Drive SW, Rochester
AAA St. Cloud, 3959 ? 2nd Street So., Suite 210, St. Cloud
Webb Insurance Agency, 103 Marty Drive #201, Buffalo
Elk Agency Inc., 327 Main Street NW, Elk River
North Metro Insurance Agency, 255 Highway 97, Unit 3b, Forest Lake
Demma Agency, 10035 City Walk Dr, Ste E, Woodbury
AAA - The Auto Club Groups partners are:
- Greenforest Recycling Resources
- Advance Opportunities
- The Lyon County Environmental Office